Who We Are
Flying Embers is the industry leading Better-For-You Alcohol Company making delicious hand-crafted beverages in Ventura, California. With a strong commitment to innovation, Flying Embers’ products feature the absence of negatives like sugar, carbs and calories, while also the addition of positive attributes such as live probiotics, antioxidants, adaptogens and USDA certified organic ingredients.
- Flying Embers Hard Kombucha is 0 sugar, 0 carbs, between 85 – 135 calories and comes in both low and high-ABV (alcohol by volume) versions ranging from 4.5% to 7.2%. Additionally, Flying Embers Hard Kombucha contains live probiotics, antioxidants, USDA certified ingredients, as well as adaptogens – and is gluten-free, non-GMO, vegan and keto-friendly.
- Flying Embers is the world’s first shelf-stable hard kombucha featuring live probiotics and native kombucha bacteria. It does not need to be refrigerated and is never pasteurized. Scientifically crafted with a dry fermentation process and proprietary kombucha culture , Flying Embers Hard Kombucha features a perfectly balanced, subtle sweetness without any added sugar or artificial sweeteners.
- Flying Embers Hard Kombucha is available in 6 core refreshing flavors, including Berry, Grapefruit, Lemon, Ginger, Pineapple Chili, and Black Cherry. In 2021, they will release 4 new flavors including Watermelon Basil, Cucumber Juniper, Mango Coconut and Rosé.
- In the Summer of 2020, Flying Embers expanded its portfolio with the release of a new line of hard seltzers. In what they’re describing as “the new shape of seltzer,” Flying Embers Hard Seltzer is the world’s first probiotic-powered hard seltzer with antioxidants and all USDA organic ingredients. This new entry to the fast-growing category features delicious and unique flavor combinations, while delivering on the consumer need for healthier options with only 95 calories, 0 sugar, 0 carbs, USDA organic ingredients, live probiotics, and the antioxidant Vitamin C.
- Flying Embers Hard Seltzer is available in 2 unique collections featuring 6 inspired flavor combinations, including:
- Botanical Fruit & Flora: Clementine Hibiscus, Passionfruit Elderflower, and Black Cherry Rose
- Tropical Sweet & Heat: Watermelon Chili, Guava Jalapeno, and Pineapple Cayenne
Flying Embers’ mission is to disrupt the unhealthy alcohol paradigm. We are a conscious brand that’s dedicated to doing its part in building a better world. As healthy living and mindful drinking converge, we want our consumers to feel like they’re part of the solution by leveraging their purchasing power for the greater good. We stand by innovation and crafting libations that have better ingredients for you that actually matter.
Brewed with Gratitude
In the Fall of 2016, Fermented Sciences Inc. was founded in Ojai, California by a team of passionate entrepreneurs who were determined to disrupt the unhealthy alcohol paradigm. In a hundred-year-old stone wine cellar, we built a laboratory and began to dive deep into the ancient alchemy of fermentation.
One year later, a massive wildfire threatened our fermentation lab. As the flames towered above and swirling embers filled the sky, we faced the complete destruction of our dream and potentially our lives. When the winds turned, we were left with a deep appreciation for the power of nature and a profound sense of gratitude for each other and life itself.
Out of this transformational experience came the inspiration for the Flying Embers name, and our renewed commitment to create functional beverages that illuminate and celebrate the experience of life. Flying Embers is committed to donating a portion of its revenue to firefighters and first responder charitable organizations out of gratitude for their service.